Tailwind International is comprised of some of the most experienced, resourceful professionals in the industry and they are accessible 24/7, 365 days a year. They represent over a century of combined aviation experience. Trained to deliver first-class service, every person on the team embodies the highest level of character, integrity and determination in the industry. There is no mission too small or too large for this team.
Founder, President and CEO of Tailwind International
Michele Wilkinson began her career more than 30 years ago in the reservations department of Braniff International Airways, where she held a variety of positions including Ramp and Operations Manager at DFW airport. Michele added sales to her solid operations background with the Flying Tiger Line, Evergreen International Airlines and Emery Air Freight. In 1989 she founded Tailwind International, Inc.
• Bilingual with Spanish as her second language
• Majored in business and psychology at the University of Texas and the University of the Americas in Mexico
• 2002 Award of Excellence recipient of the Institute of Transport Management, London, England
• 2002 YWCA Women of Achievement Award
• Past President of the DFW Air Cargo Association
• Member of the Houston Air Cargo Association, the Chambers of Commerce of Dallas and San Diego, the Addison Business Association; and a Trustee for The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA)
Dallas K. Sherman
Air Force fighter pilot turned International Air Transportation consultant, Tailwind Director Dallas Sherman has spent most of his lifetime making things move through the air. He has a varied career in the aviation industry that includes extensive experience in the air cargo business and air industry. Mr. Sherman is currently a director of Tailwind and is assisting in the development of new markets and consulting opportunities.
• Service as a fighter pilot with the United States Air Force and Vice President of American Airlines Cargo.
• Expertise in start-ups and development of international and domestic markets for such firms as Airborne Freight Corp, American Airlines and United Parcel Services
• While at American Airlines he was the Vice President of the Cargo Business Development Group, then Vice President of Customer Marketing and Support, where he designed and implemented plans to market the expertise of the Cargo Division, new product development and the simplification of the product line
• Began his career with Airborne Flower Traffic, later Airborne Freight Company, and was instrumental in its growth from an airfreight forwarder and travel agency to a worldwide integrated express air carrier